Sunday, June 20, 2010

flat broke

So, I knew it would eventually happen.

It had to.

While working at Edward Jones my senior year of high school, I managed to save up enough money to live on for the past two years I've been in college. I worked a few jobs in between then and now... while at HLG up in Hannibal, I worked in the admissions office. and I worked a two week stint at a crappy doggie day care place back home. But for the most part, I've had my job making bulletins at my grandma's church ($75 a month) and the money I saved from Edward Jones to fall back on all this time.

Well, that fund is now finally gone. For the first time in my life, I have less money in my bank account than what I owe on my credit card bill. I've always paid it off. Now I am officially going into debt (well, save for the whole... thousands upon thousands of dollars that I was already in debt for to pay for college).

I do not have enough money to fill up my gas tank. It is on empty.

I borrowed my parents car to drive to church this morning (because I was running late)... but it also has less than 1/8 of a tank so that won't last too long.

I am officially out of money. I am in dire need of a job.

Saw an ad in the paper for a hiring fair at Aldi. The starting pay for cashiers/stockers is $13 an hour. What? Really? Yes. All you have to do is pick up an application and fill it out and bring it to the fair. (and talk yourself up, of course, but as we've already established..i'm pretty good at that.) So I went up to the store closest to me and they were out of applications... bahh...

Not getting discouraged, I headed out to Saint Charles on an Aldi application search. Alas, I finally have one in my possession, and am about to fill it out.

So tomorrow morning, bright and early, I will be heading to the hiring fair in hopes of finding a job with Aldi. That will probably use the rest of the gas I have left... so I won't be able to make any unnecessary (or really, necessary) trips after that. However, that doesn't mean I still can't walk to the pool. ;)

Here's hoping I get hired at Aldi... or you're looking at the next fry cook at McDonald's.

A friend of mine sent me the lyrics to this song in reference to my current situation, and I happen to really like the song and found it encouraging, so I'm going to post them.


God Will Make a Way

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way

By a roadway in the wilderness
He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His Word will still remain
He will do something new today

No comments:

Post a Comment